Arugam bay To Sigiriya
Book Your Taxi
The distance between Arugam bay to Sigiriya is approximately 240 km and it will take around 6 hours. Choose the vehicle according to your preference and let us know about your booking request. We will contact you shortly.
Distance: 240 km
Duration: 5 hrs 30 min
Arugam bay To Sigiriya Taxi Fare: 40 USD to 155 USD (Car to Mini Bus)
ARUGAM BAY TAXI SERVICE
TAXI TRANSFERS, DAY TOURS , ROUND TOURS
FIND YOU HOSTEL OR CHEAP HOTEL IN HERE ( 5$ PER NIGHT)
From Surf To Summit: A Journey From Arugam Bay To Sigiriya
Arugam Bay and Sigiriya are two of the most popular destinations in Sri Lanka, but they are also quite far apart. If you want to visit both places, you might wonder how to travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya most conveniently and cost-effectively.
Discover Sri Lanka from the beaches of Arugam Bay to the rock fortress of Sigiriya
Arugam Bay is a surfing paradise on the east coast, while Sigiriya is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an ancient rock fortress in the central province. When you travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya, you must consider your travel options, such as taxi, car, train, or plane. And which mode is most efficient so you can select the best one for your needs and budget? We already did it for you. Keep reading and learn everything you need.
Transportation from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya
The easiest and fastest way to travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya is by taxi. You can book a taxi online or through your hotel or guesthouse, and they will pick you up from your location and drop you off at your destination. How far is it from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya? The road distance between Arugam Bay and Sigiriya is about 264 km. And riding by taxi will only take around 4 hours and 45 minutes. If you go ahead with Mirissa Cabs, a taxi from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya will cost 29000 LKR (90.70 USD) for a taxi car and 36000 LKR (112.59 USD) for a taxi van.
To travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya using a car, you can rent a car from a car rental firm in Sri Lanka or hire a driver to drive you to your destination. The average cost of renting a car depends on the car type, the rental duration, and the insurance coverage. You may also have to pay for fuel, tolls, parking fees, and other expenses. You may have to pay extra for their accommodation and meals
if you hire a driver.
Driving a car from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya gives you more freedom and flexibility to explore Sri Lanka at your own pace. But there are a few drawbacks.
- It can be stressful and challenging if you are unfamiliar with the local driving conditions and rules.
- You may have to deal with traffic congestion, road hazards, poor road quality, and unpredictable weather.
- You might also require an international driving permit or a local driving license to drive legally in Sri Lanka.
You can also travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya by train. However, there is no direct train connection between these two places, so you must do the following if you take a train.
- First, you must take a taxi from Arugam Bay to Batticaloa Station, about 116 km away and takes 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- From there, you can take a train to Habarana Station, about 15 km from Sigiriya, and it takes about 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- From Habarana Station, you can take another taxi to Sigiriya. It will take about 20 minutes to get to Si.
The total distance is about 300 km, and it takes around 6 hours and 30 minutes to travel by train.
What is the cheapest way to get from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya?
The cheapest but longest option is to take a train from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya. The average cost of taking a train from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya is between Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 2,000. It depends on the class of service and the availability of seats. You can purchase train tickets online or at the train station counter. However, there is no direct train connection between these two places, so you must take a few taxis to travel between stations. And getting from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya on a train could be long and exhausting.
So, it is not the most recommended option.
Which way is quickest from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya?
Now you know all the possible transport mode options for traveling from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya. But you might be wondering which way is the quickest to get there. Booking a taxi at Mirissa Cabs is the most timely and comfortable way to travel. Mirissa Cabs’ taxi service is a comfortable, convenient, and flexible transportation method from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya.
The following are the advantages of traveling with Mirissa Cabs.
- You can travel at your own pace.
- It is possible to stop for breaks or sightseeing along the way.
- You do not miss the scenic views of the countryside.
- Pretty easy to choose the time of departure and arrival that suits you best.
Tips and Recommendations
Here are a few tips and recommendations for safe travels between Arugam Bay to Sigiriya
- Before traveling from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya, check the weather forecast and the COVID-19 situation in both places. There are different seasons and climates in different Sri Lankan regions, so pack accordingly.
- Are you traveling by taxi or car? Then try to avoid peak hours and holidays. The roads can get congested and delay your journey.
- Are you traveling by flight? Then ensure you arrive at the airport at least an hour before departure. The security checks can take some time.
- Are you traveling by train? Then make sure you book your tickets in advance. The trains can get crowded and sell out quickly.
Traveling from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya is an unforgettable experience. In this article, we discussed various options for you to travel from Arugam Bay to Sigiriya for different budgets and preferences. No one likes to hassle during the ride. When you choose a taxi, you can enjoy both destinations’ scenic views and cultural attractions while sitting comfortably in your seat.
Taxi Service in Sri lanka
Arugam Bay Cabs
Mirissacabs.com is an exclusive Transport operator since 2011 plying cabs for hire. Mirissacabs.com, the best choice; make your trip comfortable. Our branded cars and professional drivers available for hire in Pearl of Indian Ocean “Sri Lanka”.