Arugambay To Ella Taxi
FIND YOU HOSTEL OR CHEAP HOTEL IN HERE ( 5$ PER NIGHT)
From Surf to Scenery: Traveling from Arugam Bay to Ella
Arugam Bay and Ella are two popular destinations in Sri Lanka, each offering a different experience for travelers. If you are willing to explore both places, you might wonder how to get from Arugam Bay to Ella. This article explores the options available and some tips and recommendations for your journey.
Arugam Bay to Ella: A Guide to Transportation Options
Arugam Bay and Ella are two popular tourist destinations in Sri Lanka. Arugam Bay is a surfing paradise on the east coast, with sandy beaches, palm trees, and laid-back vibes. Ella is a hill town in the central highlands, with lush greenery, waterfalls, and stunning views. How far is it from Arugam Bay to Ella? The distance from Arugam Bay to Ella is about 302 Km.
Let us explore the different ways to travel from Arugam Bay to Ella without any wait.
Hiring a taxi for traveling from Arugam Bay to Ella is pretty much convenient. You can book a taxi from a taxi service like Mirissa Cabs, which only takes about 2 hours to take you to your destination. You can hire a taxi car for 16000 LKR and a taxi van for 22000 LKR. When you ride with Mirissa Cabs, you will never miss the mind-numbing scenery along the way without worrying about driving or finding your way. You can also stop at any place to take photos or have a break.
You can rent a car and drive it from Arugam Bay to Ella on your own. You can find car rental companies online or in Arugam Bay. It will take about 2 hours and costs around 5,500 LKR – 9,000 LKR for fuel. Remember that you have to pay for the car rental fee and insurance.
You will have more flexibility and independence when you drive a car, but there are a lot of boxes you have to tick before and during your ride.
- Check whether you have an international driving permit and a valid driver’s license or not.
- Be comfortable driving on Sri Lankan roads, which can sometimes be challenging and chaotic.
- You must also know traffic rules and regulations and be prepared for emergencies or breakdowns.
What is the cheapest way to get from Arugam Bay to Ella? The cheapest way to travel from Arugam Bay to Ella is by bus. However, there is no direct bus service between the two places, so you must take multiple buses and change to different locations. The journey normally takes about 4 hours and 30 minutes, excluding waiting time.
- First of all, get into a bus from Arugam Bay to Pottuvil. The distance is about 4 km away.
- Next, you need to take a bus from Pottuvil to Monaragala. The distance here is about 70 km away.
- Again get into a bus from Monaragala to Wellawaya. It is about 40 km away.
- Finally, you have to take a bus from Wellawaya to Ella. The distance is about 22 km away.
A bus is a budget-friendly option if traveling solo or with a backpack. However, you should be prepared for long waiting times, crowded buses, and frequent stops.
Taxi and Bus
You can also use a taxi and bus combination option to travel from Arugam Bay to Ella.
- Hire a taxi to Passara.
- Then take a bus to Colombo Bastian Mawatha Bus Terminal.
- From there, hire a taxi from Ambalangoda to Ella again.
This option will cost you between Rs. 10514 and Rs. 12094 and will take about 10 hours and 25 minutes.
The plane is a pretty much convenient way to get from Arugam Bay to Ella. However, it also becomes the most expensive and least eco-friendly option. There are no direct flights between Arugam Bay and Ella, but you can fly from Hatton (NUF) airport near Arugam Bay to Koggala (KCT) airport near Ella. The flight will take about 30 minutes, but again you have to hire a taxi or a bus to reach Ella from the airport. The journey can take about 5 hours or less, depending on the availability of flights and transportation.
How do I get from Arugam Bay to Ella the fastest?
If you are seeking for the fastest way to get from Arugam Bay to Ella, you, without a doubt, take a taxi. And by hiring a cab from a service like Mirissa Cabs, you can safely travel to your destination without a hassle.
Tips and Recommendations
Here are some recommendations for an enjoyable and hassle-free journey from Arugam Bay to Ella.
- You should bring light and breathable clothing in both locations due to the hot and humid weather. Further, do not forget to bring a raincoat or an umbrella, as it can rain unexpectedly. Also, bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to shield yourself from the sun rays.
- You should pack some snacks and water, as you have to spend around 6 hours by bus or car. Moreover, there are few options for food and drinks along the way, so it is better to be prepared.
- You should follow the local rules and customs when traveling in Sri Lanka. You should also respect wildlife and nature and avoid littering or feeding animals. You should also aware of the local laws and regulations regarding alcohol, drugs, and smoking.
Several options are available for travelers from Arugam Bay to Ella. Whether you love to enjoy the ultimate convenience of a taxi, car, plane, or the adventure of public transportation, there is a mode of transportation that will suit your needs.
Taxi Service in Sri lanka
Arugam Bay Taxi
Mirissacabs.com is an exclusive Transport operator since 2011 plying cabs for hire. Mirissacabs.com, the best choice; make your trip comfortable. Our branded cars and professional drivers available for hire in Pearl of Indian Ocean “Sri Lanka”.